Adjustment and Operation of Swing Beam Shear
- Adjust the gap between blades of swing beam shearing machine
The blade gap is very important to the quality of cutting and the life of blades, please check and do adjustment according to the gap adjusting reference table as below.
When adjust the gap (above picture), it needs to loosen the tight screw, and then turn the hand-wheel to the requested value after calculated by the thickness of plate, then tight it. There is a ball valve (on right side of machine, outside of cylinder). It is used for check value the coincidence gap between up and low blade. Proper adjustment of shearing machine tools will increase life of cutting tools and cutting performance.
Detail ways: at manual mode, when cutting frame go to down-dead spot, close to the oil circuit rapidly, the cutting frame will stay at down-dead spot, then turn on the ball valve a little by a little, the cutting frame will go up step by step on the all stroke. And then can measure the coincidence value of gap between blades.
2.1 Preparation of machine
(1) Remove the squaring arm and foot pedal from hand guard area. Set up the squaring arm on left hand side (Close to electrical panel) by bolting down to the machine table and two side holes.
(2) Clear the dirty oil on components, pay attention that the ball valve should be at open position.
(3) Lubricate all the necessary spots.
(4) Supply HL46 hydraulic oil in oil tank (about 200L each machine).
(5) Connect the earth line, switch on, and check the working action of all electrics.
2.2 Start up the swing beam shearing machine
Push “START” button and release.
Motor “on” indicator light turns on.
Put mode selector from MAN to AUTO position.
Step the foot switch, the cutting frame will go down to cut.
If not, that means motor is running in wrong direction. Switch off power supply. Reverse starts motor again, any of the two phase wires. The top blade carrier will rise and stop when it hit limit switch.
2.3 Motorized Back gauge
The motorized back gauge readout is accurately set in factory and it should be corresponds to the distance measure from back gauge bar to the cutting edge of swing beam shear.
Push “+” button to bring back gauge bar to the rear, reading is increase and stops when hitting maximum travel limit switch L/S 3.
Push “-” button to bring back gauge bar to the front, reading is decrease and stops when hitting minimum travel limit switch L/S 4.
The parallelism of back gauge of our shearing machine is pre-set in factory; however it can be calibrated when necessary.
Bring back gauge bar to the rear for removing anti-rust coating prior to cutting.
(1) The pressure table should be on during cutting, and check the pressure, if it shows wrong, may adjust the overflow valve.
(2) During the operation, if there is deviant noise or the oil tank over temperature, should stop the machine immediately, and the temperature of the oil tank should not exceed 60℃