- Adjust the gap between blades of swing beam shearing machine
The blade gap is very important to the quality of cutting and the life of blades, please check and do adjustment according to the gap adjusting reference table as below.
When adjust the gap (above picture), it needs to loosen the tight screw, and then turn the hand-wheel to the requested value after calculated by the thickness of plate, then tight it. There is a ball valve (on right side of machine, outside of cylinder). It is used for check value the coincidence gap between up and low blade. Proper adjustment of shearing machine tools will increase life of cutting tools and cutting performance.
Detail ways: at manual mode, when cutting frame go to down-dead spot, close to the oil circuit rapidly, the cutting frame will stay at down-dead spot, then turn on the ball valve a little by a little, the cutting frame will go up step by step on the all stroke. And then can measure the coincidence value of gap between blades.
2.1 Preparation of machine
(1) Remove the squaring arm and foot pedal from hand guard area. Set up the squaring arm on left hand side (Close to electrical panel) by bolting down to the machine table and two side holes.
(2) Clear the dirty oil on components, pay attention that the ball valve should be at open position.
(3) Lubricate all the necessary spots.
(4) Supply HL46 hydraulic oil in oil tank (about 200L each machine).
(5) Connect the earth line, switch on, and check the working action of all electrics.
2.2 Start up the swing beam shearing machine
Push “START” button and release.
Motor “on” indicator light turns on.
Put mode selector from MAN to AUTO position.
Step the foot switch, the cutting frame will go down to cut.
If not, that means motor is running in wrong direction. Switch off power supply. Reverse starts motor again, any of the two phase wires. The top blade carrier will rise and stop when it hit limit switch.
2.3 Motorized Back gauge
The motorized back gauge readout is accurately set in factory and it should be corresponds to the distance measure from back gauge bar to the cutting edge of swing beam shear.
Push “+” button to bring back gauge bar to the rear, reading is increase and stops when hitting maximum travel limit switch L/S 3.
Push “-” button to bring back gauge bar to the front, reading is decrease and stops when hitting minimum travel limit switch L/S 4.
The parallelism of back gauge of our shearing machine is pre-set in factory; however it can be calibrated when necessary.
Bring back gauge bar to the rear for removing anti-rust coating prior to cutting.
(1) The pressure table should be on during cutting, and check the pressure, if it shows wrong, may adjust the overflow valve.
(2) During the operation, if there is deviant noise or the oil tank over temperature, should stop the machine immediately, and the temperature of the oil tank should not exceed 60℃
- Packing / Shipment of swing beam shear
All machines left the factory are packed and fixed with squaring arm and foot panel tied to the hand guard. A bag of working hand tools and operation manual is lock inside the electrical panel. All exposed surfaces on machine are coated with rust guard, easily removable by kerosene or solvent.
- Lifting the swing beam shear
Use only approved and safe wire rope to lift this machine from two lifting point which is located at both side frame of the machine.
All our hydraulic swing beam shears are designed to be free standard. However, a good quality reinforced concrete floor with a minimum thickness of 150mm should be used.
This machine must be properly leveled to give a good cut. Leveling is done by putting a good leveling gauge at the plate hold down area. Always pre-prepare five pieces of base plate (dimension 150 × 150 × 9mm, minimum) below machine footing to prevent leveling screw from digging into the concrete floor. On completion of leveling, a cement grout mixture must be packed under and around the feet to maintain correct leveled position.
- Electrical Installation
Be sure that the local power supply is suitable for hydraulic shearing machine before any electrical power up. Connect power cable to the bottom left of electrical panel to R.S.T.E. terminal.
Some shear machine may require N (Neutral) wire connection.
1. Machine frame: Steel-welded plate, high rigidity. Two cylinders fix on left and right vertical pole of shearing machine. Installed vice cut-board on worktable conveniently adjust low-cut board. Keep the gap between up-cut and low-cut coincidence. Install feed ball on worktable, operation is convenient and fast.
2. Sheet metal cutting tool frame: welded plate, high rigidity, is support at eccentric socket, by left and right cylinders and stroke cylinder drive, finish cutting by pendulum repeat. The vertical surface of up-cut support is curve; keep the gap between up-cut and low-cut coincidence.
3. Pressure device: it is consisted of some pressure feed cylinders installed at support board in front of machine frame of hydraulic swing beam shearing machine. Oil flow in pressure feed cylinder, pressure head press down against the pull force of stress spring, press plate tightly. Finish cutting, the cylinders are reset by the pull force of stress spring. The pressure is bigger as thicker as the thickness of plate.
4. Front gauge and back gauge: Front gauge: fixed on worktable, valve display on ruler, adjust mobile bar to necessity valve. When cut thin steel plate, cut it conveniently on front gauge. Back gauge of hydraulic shear is fixed on up-cut board, pendulum up and down as up-cut board. Adjust back gauge by 0.55Kw motor, reduce through gear, and drive by control rod. Brake down the button “+” (or”_”), can adjust gauge to front or back. When mechanic adjustment cannot get the necessity valve, turn hand-wheel to demand valve, the adjustment of back gauge is convenient and reliability.
The standard range of back gauge is 20-750mm. When the length of cutting plate is longer than the max distance of back gauge, remove the back gauge to the least place, lift up the board by the incline surface of support frame, and can cut any length of plate.